Like all of you, CSV Midstream has been watching the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation. The impacts of COVID-19 are far-reaching and everyone across our province and country are struggling to maintain a sense of normalcy and business continuity. Our CSV team is focused on protecting the health and wellness of our people, their families and the communities in which we operate.
We’ve taken extra steps to do our part to flatten the curve by developing and implementing a number of additional safety policies, protocols and awareness material. CSV will continue to show leadership in working with our community of contractors, vendors, peers, service providers and employees to monitor and share information intended to help all of us across the country to persevere and come through the COVID-19 pandemic, stronger, educated and even more resilient than ever.
What is CSV Doing?
CSV has remained engaged and is working on a number of initiatives to ensure our employees, contractors and community are prepared and able to cope with this rapidly evolving situation.
- A response team task force was immediately developed and includes HR, HSE, Operations, Executive and Project Management
- Travel and Return to Work Protocols have been developed in alignment with government and industry
- Working remotely protocol, information, tips, tricks and tools
- Operations and Construction Project Access Protocols and Response Planning
- Regularly consulting and working with the construction management team and our external service providers including the work site camp, our vendors and emergency management resources
- Awareness and support material have been developed to describe short term disability coverage and information packages for personal and business support systems
- Regular communications will be ongoing and include information bulletins, memos, policy statements and emails etc.
- A communications hub is now active as a company wide access point through the corporate ‘SharePoint’ site. This has been set up as a one stop shop to find all current and developing information including policies, bulletins and other memorandums and resources related to COVID-19
- Ongoing supportive and encouraging messages and our internal afternoon ‘Fresh Pots’ coffee gathering is now hosted virtually as an offering of connection in these difficult times
Any communication involving COVID-19 provides an opportunity to remind everyone to practice personal hygiene and social distancing protocols:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly
- Avoid touching your face, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- Cover your cough and sneezes and wash your hands immediately after
- Maintain a distance of approximately 2 meters from others
- Avoid public areas unless absolutely necessary
- Avoid gatherings
- As an alternative to going out, ask for the help of your family and neighbors when it comes to obtaining the goods and supplies you need such as groceries
While this is a challenging and unprecedented time, our core values of Community, Safe Culture, Standard of Excellence and Delivering Happiness are shining through with many examples of working together, supporting each other and demonstrating strong proactive leadership through this crisis. I could be not more proud of our people.
CSV wants to reach out and show our respect to those impacted by the coronavirus and to those who are keeping essential services and supply lines open to all of us. From health professionals to grocery clerks to teachers and servers, it is truly inspiring to see communities come together. In these uncertain times when handshaking is on hold, we want to extend a virtual hand of support and a willingness to help.
We know our strength lies in our connection to a bigger community. Our mutual support keeps us all connected and makes us all stronger as we navigate the challenges ahead. CSV is doing all we can to support our staff, our vendors, our customers and we hope to continue Building Community… Together. That is Creating Shared Value.
President and CEO
CSV Midstream Solutions